Sunday, July 12, 2009

So Blessed!

It seems I have a hard time keeping up with this thing amidst all of the other things life demands that I keep up with. It looks like my last post was May 11.....not good, I know. It has been an eventful couple of months with the highlight being my dad having open heart surgery on June 5. That was very unexpected but I am so thankful he came through successfully and that the Lord saw fit to grant him life. Experiences like that have a way of putting life back in perspective. So often, I find myself complaining about the every day trials and tribulations life loves to throw our way, but truly, I am SO BLESSED. My problems sometimes seem so large until I hear about the person whose loved one passed away or whose spouse or child has just been diagnosed with a terminal disease or the one who has lost their job or their house. As I type this, I'm reminded of the words to a song I used to sing as a little girl:

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me Your love, Lord
And a fine family
So I thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me

I know the Word says that the rain falls on the just and the unjust and that in this world we WILL have troubles. I also know that ONE DAY, it's going to be worth it all. He holds on to all our pain and with it He is pulling us closer and one day He will wipe every tear from our eyes.

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus
Life's trials will seem so small when we see Him
Once glimpse of His dear face
All sorrow will erase
So bravely run the race
Till we see Christ!

1 comment:

Chuck Kirkland said...

I think we all take life for granted. Just in my business I get hundreds of emails from people who are going through some very tough times and it makes me think of how blessed I am and how we all need to be happy to be alive.

Like I told the kids in sunday school

I have a low standard in life. If I'm above ground its going to be a good day.

Talk soon
Chuck